How To Delete Service Canada Account.
Hi, you are on this platform simply because you want to know how to delete, close, terminate, and even manage your Service Canada account.
If that is true, then you are on the right platform.
We are simply going to guide you on how to close your account. So whatever be the reason you want to close your account is not our business. But our major concern is to guide you on how to delete, close, or even manage your account.
Meanwhile, there might be different reasons why you need to delete an account:
- You realize you have multiple accounts using different email addresses and you want to have one account
- You are locked out of your account and have lost access to your authentication methods
- You no longer need a login.gov account
How To Delete Service Canada Account
If you do have access to your authentication methods, follow these steps to delete your account:
Step 1. Enter your email address at https://secure.login.gov.
Step 2. Enter your password.
Step 3. Click the “Sign in” button.
Step 4. Authenticate using one of the methods you set up.
Step 5. On your account page, select “Delete account” from the menu on the left side of the page
Step 6. Select “Delete account” from the “Your account” menu.
Step 7. Enter your password to confirm that you want to delete your account.
Follow these steps to delete your account if you do NOT have access to your authentication methods:
NOTE: As a security measure, Login.gov requires a two-step process and 24 hour waiting period if you have lost access to your authentication methods and need to delete your account.
Step 1. Go to your government application sign-in page or to https://secure.login.gov/
Step 2. Sign in with your email and password
Step 3. On the authentication page (enter your security, app, or backup code; PIV/CAC card; or security key), click on “Choose another security option”
Step 4. Scroll to the bottom and click on the “deleting your account” link
Step 5. Read through all the information carefully to make sure deleting your account is your only option
Step 6. Click on “Yes, continue deletion”
Step 7. You will receive two emails.
- The first email confirms we received your request. Your account is not yet deleted. Additional action is required.
- The second email is sent to you 24 hours later. Follow the directions in that email to complete the deletion process.
If you delete your account:
- We’ll delete your email address, password, and phone number
- You won’t be able to securely access partner agencies who require a login.gov account
Similarly, after you delete your account, you will not be able to sign in to the government applications that you normally use your login.gov account to access. You will not lose your information in those applications, but you will need a new login.gov account to be able to sign in to those applications.
Has this article helped you?
If Yes!, don’t forget to share your opinion in the comment box below.
Meanwhile, remember also to share this article on your social media handle…