Best of Ali – Why don’t backlinks work in 2021?
Backlinks are still important for SEO performance because they are the foundation of Google’s original PageRank algorithm and they work. There have been countless independent studies in the SEO industry proving the impact of backlinks on organic search performance.
Proof That Backlinks Are Still Important
1. Powerful Sites = Better SEO Performance
2. Powerful Pages = Better SEO Performance
3. Better SEO Performance = More Backlinks
4. Your Website Needs Vote (Backlink) Diversity
5. Most Pages Don’t Get (Deserve) Backlinks
Most pages aren’t worth linking to, so this makes perfect sense. Also, most sites aren’t engaging in link-building campaigns.
The whole “build it, and they will come” mentality doesn’t work well with SEO.
You need to build and then spend 80% of your time link building. It gets easier over time.