Here is a review of Reddit, an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
This website allows registered users to submit content to the website. Such contents include links, text posts, and images. These contents are in turn voted up or down by other registered members in the platform.
Similarly in Redditwebsite are usually organized into subjects. These subject are “subreddits”.
Now subreddits covers a wide variety of topics which includes music, books, fitness, food, news, science, movies, video games, and image-sharing.
Meanwhile, users can also submision with more up-votes is also allowed. This usually appear towards the top of their subreddit.
There are laid down rules prohibiting harassment while using the website service. The site is a mature website and therefore is not for everybody. The website administrator spends considerable resources on moderating the site.
Founders of Reddit.
University of Virginia roommates Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian founded Reddit in 2005.
The University of Virginia is a public research university in Charlottesville, Virginia located in in the Mid-Atlantic region of the east coast of the United States.
1. Steve Huffman, is an American web developer and entrepreneur. He co-founded Reddit. He is also the chief executive officer (CEO) of the company.
2. Alexis Kerry Ohanian is an American Internet entrepreneur and investor. He co-founded the company and also the executive chairman of the website.
Historical Development of Reddit.
Meanwhile, following the launching of Reddit on June 23, 2005 (14 years ago), there are countless progress and advancements that this American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website made.
For instance, Condé Nast Publications acquired the website in October 2006. Condé Nast Inc. is an American mass media company.
Similarly, in 2011, Reddit became an independent subsidiary of Condé Nast’s parent company, Advance Publications. Advance Publications, Inc. is an American media company.
In October 2014, the website raised $50 million in a funding round through the instrumentity of Sam Altman and other well known investors, such as Marc Andreessen, Peter Thiel, Ron Conway, Snoop Dogg, and Jared Leto. Consequently, the purported investment upgraded the company’s valuation at $500 then.
By July 2017, the company has already raised $200 million for a $1.8 billion valuation. Whereas the Advance Publications retains the majority share of the company.
And as at February 2019, the company has a $300 million funding round led by Tencent. The founding consequently upgraded the company’s valuation to $3 billion, a big achievement that have since placed the company above it counterparts.
Features and Function of Reddit.
As simply as create an account Reddit, having the app or using the website, users can be able to manage, edit and even delete their account at their will.
The will also be able to enjoy the following features such as:
1. Upvote and downvote posts to highlight the most interesting and relevant content.
2. Share their passion for their favorite books, movies, video games, sports, TV shows, music and technology with millions of people who share their interests.
3. Keep up with the most recent trends on the internet! Discover breaking news first, viral video clips, funny jokes, and hot memes.
4. Join any community they find interesting, get their news, ask for advice, discuss sports and voice their opinion.
5. Create a personalized feed by subscribing to their favorite subreddits
6. Updated stream of news headlines, fun stories, sports talk, games, viral pics, top memes, and videos that interest them.
7. Chat free of charge online, this is very secure and fast!. They can also do this from any location or any part of the world.
8. Enjoy viral entertainment etc.
In summary, Reddit is one of the most used social networks in the globe. Meanwhile this American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website enables registered users to chat free of charge online, upvote and downvote posts so as to highlight the most interesting and relevant content, share their passion for their favorite books, movies, video games, sports, TV shows, music, and technology with people, create personalized feed by subscribing to a favorite subreddits, etc. This social network is available in iOS and Andriod devices, users can also access this social network in a window device.